13 6 2019
Winter weekends call for evening meals to be cooked low and slow - and this one is a special meal to share with a special someone. With little prep time, our roasted duck allows you to throw everything in the oven and spend more time catching up with loved ones, while it cooks. Serve with a simple green salad to balance the richness of the duck and sweetness of the grapes.
An oven proof frying pan works best, but if you don’t own one, transferring the duck and potatoes from your frying pan to any oven proof dish will work fine.
Tip: Duck fat makes the best-tasting roast potatoes but, if you feel there is too much fat left in your pan after searing the legs, remove some and leave about 3 tablespoons.
Tip: For duck meat to cook evenly, always score right through the skin to the meat. It also allows excess fat from the skin to melt away.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hr 25 mins
- 2 Pams Finest Duck Legs
- 2 large Pams Organic Agria Potatoes, washed and chopped into 2cm cubes
- A handful of thyme
- 2 cups red grapes
- Preheat oven to 160C. Score duck skin through to the meat, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot. Place the duck skin side down and brown very well. Turn once and cook the underside for 2-3 minutes, or until brown. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Add potatoes and thyme into the pan and roll to coat evenly in the residual fat. Pan fry for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer potatoes and duck to an ovenproof dish (unless your frying pan is oven proof), returning duck to same dish.
- Transfer duck and potatoes to preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, add grapes and return to oven for a further 25 minutes, or until the duck legs are golden and grapes starting to burst.
Makes 2 Servings.