5 Ingredient Lemon Meringue Pie
For a showstopping dessert all your friends and family will love, look no further than our 5 Ingredient Lemon Meringue Pie. It’s easier than you think – just don’t let on when everyone’s lining up for seconds!
Tips & Tricks
- No pastry weights? Dried pasta, rice or beans can be used instead!
- For a simple solution, leave off the meringue and bake your lemon pie as usual. Once cooled, decorate with store-bought mini meringues or Pams Whipped Cream!
- Use the pastry sheets to line a standard size tart tin, then prick all over with a fork. Line the pastry with baking paper, fill with pastry weights and blind bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper and weights, then bake for a further 5 - 10 minutes, or until the pastry starts to turn golden.
- While the pastry is baking, add the condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon zest to a bowl and whisk until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks start to form. Continue beating, adding the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until the meringue is thick and glossy.
- Pour the lemon filling into the pastry base and spoon the meringue on top. Using the back of a spoon, spread the meringue out to the edges of the pie, creating decorative swirls and peaks.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the meringue is lightly golden. Let the pie cool in the tin before serving.
- 2 sheets Pams Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 tin Pams Condensed Milk
- 3 Pams Lemons, zested and juiced
- 4 Pams Free Range Eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar