Boozy Fruit & Chocolate Mini Tarts
These mini tarts look fancy but are easy to make! Each of the 3 components can be made a few hours in advance before serving and assembled as you need them.
Tips & Tricks
- Chill the pastry in the freezer before baking to stop it from shrinking and prick the base with a fork to help keep the pastry flat in the pan.
- Combine the fruit cake mix and rum in a small bowl. Cover and set aside for at least 3 hours, or longer for a more intense flavour.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When almost boiling, remove from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla. Set aside for a few minutes, then gently stir until smooth. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Cut discs of pastry approximately 6cm in diameter and press into mini muffin tins. Bake at 180°C for 12 – 15 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To assemble, spoon some of the fruit mix into the base of each tart shell and top with a dollop of the chocolate ganache.
- 1 cup Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- ½ cup dark rum ¾ cup Pams Cream
- 1 block Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Block, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ sheets Pams Sweet Short Crust Pastry
- 1 tsp Pams Vanilla Essence