Camembert & Garlic Wreath
Camembert and garlic bread are two favourites on their own – together they’re even better! Make your wreath extra festive by sprinkling over a handful of Pams Dried Cranberries or pomegranate seeds for a pop of colour and sweetness!
- Mix the yeast, sugar and 300ml of warm water together in a large bowl and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast has frothed and activated. Add the flour, 2 teaspoons of salt and a 2 tablespoons of olive oil and gradually start mixing until a dough forms.
- Pour the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes, or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to proof for 45 minutes.
- Knock the proofed dough back with your fist and pour out onto a floured surface. Cut evenly into 24 pieces of dough. Roll into balls ready to build your wreath.
- Assemble by placing the camembert onto a lined baking tray arranging the dough balls in a circular formation around. Ensure the dough balls are all touching, cover with cling film and then leave to proof for a further 45 minutes.
- Finely chop two teaspoons of the rosemary leaves and mix with the garlic, a good glug of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Brush over the wreath with a pastry brush.
- 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove the camembert from the centre and set aside. Bake the wreath for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Remove from the oven, place the camembert back in the centre and bake for a further 10 minutes. Garnish with the remaining rosemary sprigs and serve while hot.
- 1 wheel of Pams Finest Southern Alps Camembert Cheese
- 2 tsp Pams All Purpose Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Pams Caster Sugar
- 4 cups Pams High Grade Flour
- 2 Tbsp Pams Crushed Garlic
- 3 sprigs of rosemary