Cheat's Dumpling Soup
Our dumpling soup really is too easy - it requires little effort and few extra ingredients. You can throw whatever vegetables you prefer into the soup (fresh or frozen), making this an ideal midweek meal. Serve with your favourite Asian toppings such as spring onion, coriander and chilli.
Tips & Tricks
- To create an authentic Chinese style broth add a few star anise into your broth while simmering.
- To make this recipe vegetarian swap out Pams Chicken Stock for Pams Vegetable Stock and use Pams Vegetable Dumplings.
- In a medium saucepan fry off ginger and garlic in a small amount of oil until golden.
- Add soy sauce and chicken stock and let simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes, allowing the broth to infuse.
- Remove ginger and garlic by draining the broth and then return to high heat.
- Place dumplings into broth and let them boil for 3 minutes.
- When dumplings start rising to the top of the broth, add frozen vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 1 packet 16 Pams Dumplings (we used Pams Pork and Prawn Dumplings)
- 1 litre Pams Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons of Pams Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cm piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen Pams Asian Stir Fry Vegetables