Cheat’s Karaage Chicken Udon
Crispy pieces of Cheat's Karaage Chicken make the perfect topping to this comforting noodle soup. Serve with your favourite toppings such as spring onion, sesame seeds or chilli flakes.
Tips & Tricks
- Take your soup to the next level by adding fresh bok choy and ¼ cup miso paste to your soup base.
- If you're not feeling like soup, try this great Cheat's Karaage Chicken on its own.
- Slice each chicken thigh into 3 strips and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the simmer sauce, season well with salt & pepper and stir to combine. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the corn flour in a shallow bowl and dip each piece of chicken in the flour, making sure you pack the flour firmly on the chicken. Gently shake off any excess.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a saucepan or high-sided fry pan to deep fry the chicken. Working in batches, fry the chicken pieces, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown and cooked through. This should take 4 minutes. Pat off any excess oil on paper towels.
- Pour the stock and soy sauce into a large pot and place on a high heat. When it has come to the boil drop the noodles in and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the noodles evenly between your serving bowls and ladle the broth over the noodles. Top with the cheats karaage chicken and serve immediately.
- 1 packet Pams Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 cup Pams Honey Soy Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup Pams Maize Corn Flour
- 8 cups Pams Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Pams Soy Sauce
- 1 packet Pams Udon Noodles