Cheesy Potato Croquettes
Cheese and potato would have to be two of the most loved comfort foods. Combined with our crispy panko crumbs and fried to golden deliciousness, we think we’re onto a winner with our croquettes!
Tips & Tricks
- Use our recipe as a base for endless croquette options! Tasty options to add include sliced spring onions, Pams Frozen Peas, or even some sliced and cooked Pams Streaky Bacon!
- We love serving our potato croquettes with Pams Finest Chipotle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing as a delicious dipping sauce.
- Heat the mashed potatoes as per packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, mix the egg yolks and cheese through the potato until well combined.
- Roll the mash mix into small logs, using roughly 3 tablespoons of the mixture. Place the croquettes in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the flour with some salt and pepper in a bowl. In a second bowl, beat the eggs with ¼ cup of water.
- In a third bowl, add the panko crumbs.
- Dip each potato log in flour, shaking off the excess, then into the egg mix, followed by the panko crumbs. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a pan to shallow fry the croquettes. Working in batches fry the croquettes, turning often, until golden brown and crisp. This should take 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels before serving.
- 1 bag Pams Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups Pams Grated Tasty Cheese
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pams Pure Plain Flour
- 2 cups Pams Panko Crumbs