Christmas Cake Ice Cream
Christmas in New Zealand is usually just a little warm to serve a traditional Christmas pud. Try our twist on the classic, for a refreshing and festive dessert fit for a Kiwi Summer!
Tips & Tricks
- For an adult version, try adding two tablespoons of rum or brandy to your orange and fruit mix. Let it soak overnight before adding to your ice cream - yum!
- Combine the fruit cake mix, orange juice and zest in a large mixing bowl. Let it soak for at least five minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and quickly fold the fruit mix through the ice cream. Using a metal spoon will make this easier.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture into a loaf tin or ice cream container and freeze until firm - at least 2 hours.
- 1 cup Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- Zest and juice of ½ an orange
- 1/3 cup Pams Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 70g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Block, finely chopped
- 1 tub Pams Finest Vanilla Ice Cream, softened slightly