Coffee Cake with Whipped Coffee Cream
Packed full of coffee flavour and deliciously indulgent, this super simple cake is every coffee lover’s dream! Whip it up for your next morning tea, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Tips & Tricks
- This recipe makes a BIG cake, so we recommend a deeper cake tin. Don't have one? No problem! Either halve the mixture to cook in two batches or halve the recipe to create a smaller cake - just make sure to halve the cooking time too!
- The whipped coffee cream on this cake really packs a coffee punch! Try topping your cake with whipped cream for a more subtle alternative.
- Take your coffee cake to the next level by topping with some maple toasted walnuts! Just add half a cup of Pams Walnuts to a small fry pan over medium heat and toast until fragrant. Drizzle over some Pams Finest Maple Syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Leave to cool before decorating your cake!
- For an extra hit of maple flavour, add ¼ cup Pams Finest Maple Syrup to the cake batter when you add the butter & eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, half the instant coffee and the brown sugar until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs into the melted butter. Add the butter mix to the dry ingredients and fold into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined cake tin and bake in the oven at 180°C for 1 hour 15 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Add the remaining instant coffee and the caster sugar to a medium mixing bowl with 1/3 cup of warm water. Beat until stiff and glossy like thick meringue.
- When the cake is cool, cut in half horizontally through the middle. Spread a layer of the coffee whip in the middle and sandwich together. Spread the remaining mix over the top of the cake
- 3 ¼ cups Pams Self Raising Flour
- ½ cup Pams Smooth Roast Instant Coffee
- 2 cups Pams Brown Sugar
- 500g Pams Butter, melted
- 8 Pams Free Range Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Pams Caster Sugar