Creamy Quinoa Porridge with Poached Pears
Nothing beats a steaming bowl of creamy porridge in the morning – switch things up from classic oats with our creamy quinoa porridge. Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt and a sprinkle of your favourite nuts and dried fruit.
Tips & Tricks
- Short on time? Try substituting the poached pears for Pams tinned Pear Quarters.
- Add the tea bags and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup to a pot with 1 litre of water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, then carefully add the pears, making sure they’re fully covered by the liquid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the pears are tender, before removing from the poaching liquid.
- While the pears are poaching, place the quinoa in a pot with the almond milk, vanilla essence and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer over a medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is soft.
- Divide the porridge between 4 bowls, then top each with a poached pear and a drizzle of the poaching liquid. Serve immediately.
- 4 Pams Packham Pears, peeled with stalks intact
- 3 earl grey tea bags
- 3 Tbsp Pams Finest Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Pams Superfoods White Quinoa
- 2 ½ cups Pams Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Pams Vanilla Essence