Fudgy Kūmara Brownies
These vegan brownies are fudgy deliciousness with a salty pretzel crunch in every bite! Enjoy a nutritious new take on a classic family favourite.
Tips & Tricks
- For an extra peanut hit, scatter a handful of Pams Roasted Peanuts over the top before baking.
- Take your brownies to the next level by coating your pretzels in vegan caramel! Add ¼ cup Pams Brown Sugar and 1 tablespoon of Pams Peanut Butter to a small saucepan with 1 teaspoon water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for a couple minutes. Add ½ cup Pams Pretzels and toss until they are well coated. Spoon on to a piece of parchment paper, spread evenly and leave to cool.
- Prick the kūmara all over with a fork and place in the microwave on high for 10 minutes. Leave to cool until easy to handle. Slice down the middle and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skins.
- Place the kūmara in a bowl with the peanut butter and whisk or mash until smooth. In a separate bowl combine the cocoa, ground almonds and brown sugar.
- Fold the kūmara mix into the dry ingredients until everything is well combined. Add in half a cup of the pretzels and fold through.
- Smooth the batter into a standard sized brownie tin lined with baking paper. Press the remaining pretzels into the top of the brownie.
- Place in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes. Leave to cool before slicing into pieces.
- 1 medium orange kūmara
- ½ cup Pams Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Pams Superfoods Raw Cacao Powder
- ½ cup Pams Ground Almonds
- ¾ cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pams Pretzels