Healthy Banana Oat Muffins
Banana muffins are the perfect lunchbox treat or breakfast on the go – especially when they’re made with oats instead of flour! Try adding a handful of our Pams Dark Chocolate Drops for a healthier version of banana choc chip muffins, or a handful of your fave chopped nuts for extra crunch.
Tips & Tricks
- Try using Pams Baking Paper to make your own muffin casings. We cut baking paper into 15cm square pieces and pressed them into the muffin tray before spooning in the batter.
- Try swapping out the brown sugar for ? cup Pams Finest Maple Syrup to make your muffins refined sugar free.
- To make the oat flour, process 3 cups of rolled oats in a food processor until fine.
- Wisk together the mashed banana, eggs, and brown sugar with a ¼ cup of water.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and oat flour, mixing until just combined. Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tray and bake for 15- 18 minutes at 180°C, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely for a few hours before serving.
- 3 cups Pams Rolled Oats / 2 ½ cups oat flour
- 3 large, ripe bananas, mashed 1/3 cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs
- ¾ tsp Pams Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pams Baking Powder