Hot Honey Fried Chicken
Our sweet and spicy fried chicken is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Turn up the spice by adding an extra tablespoon of hot sauce to your honey mix – if you dare!
Tips & Tricks
- If you like it spicy add an extra tbsp of hot sauce to your hot honey sauce.
- Can’t find buttermilk? Make your own substitute by mixing the juice of a lemon through two cups of plain natural yoghurt.
- Make it a meal! Serve our hot honey fried chicken with a side salad and top with Pams Crinkle Cut Gherkins.
- If you don’t have taco spice mix handy, try using 4 tablespoons paprika.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl and sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Pour the buttermilk over the chicken and toss to combine.
- Add the flour to a medium mixing bowl, stir through the remaining taco spice mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour mix, making sure you pack the flour firmly on the chicken. Gently shake off any excess.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a saucepan or high-sided fry pan to deep fry the chicken. Working in batches, fry the chicken pieces, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown and cooked through. This should take 8-10 minutes. Pat off any excess oil on paper towels.
- Combine the honey and hot sauce, whisking to combine. Drizzle over your finished fried chicken just before serving.
- 2 packs Pams Free Range Chicken Thighs
- 1 sachet Pams Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups Pams Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup Pams Liquid Honey
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce of your choice