Hupa Kaimoana - Seafood Chowder
This wholesome, warming seafood chowder is the perfect accompaniment to a chilly winter’s evening. With prep and cooking time being under half an hour, an easy dinner can be put together fast. Serve alongside some crispy Pams Garlic Bread, top with a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Tips & Tricks
- Add a pack of Pams Pepper Hot Smoked Salmon for extra goodness!
- Melt a large knob of butter in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant and season well with salt & pepper.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring continuously for a further 2 minutes. Gradually add the cream, stirring constantly to avoid any lumps. Add 3 ½ cups of water and simmer for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the mussels and prawns and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the prawns are tender and pink.
- Finally, taste and season with salt & pepper accordingly. Serve immediately.
- 2 cups Pams Frozen Leeks
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Pams Flour
- 1 x 300ml bottle Pams Cream
- 1 pot Pams White Wine and Garlic Marinated Mussels, strained
- ½ bag Pams Finest Raw Jumbo Prawn Cutlets