Lemon Drizzle Cake
Our delicious, buttery lemon cake takes no time at all to whip up, and it’s perfect to use up the last of the fruit on your lemon tree!
Tips & Tricks
- Create a lemon drizzle for your cake by dissolving ½ cup of icing sugar into 2-3 tablespoons of boiling water, then adding the juice of 1 lemon. Spoon the runny topping onto your cake while still hot.
- This recipe also works in a larger cake tin, just make sure to check it at the 25-minute mark as it will be a thinner cake and take less time to cook.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating until well combined. Stir through the lemon juice and zest.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin, then bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin until cooled before turning out to serve.
- 1 ½ cups Pams Standard Flour
- 3 tsp Pams Baking Powder
- Juice and zest of 1 Pams Lemon
- 180g Pams Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 4 Pams Free Range Eggs