Mac & Cheese Cups
This fun recipe is great for getting the kids in the kitchen to whip up some lunchbox treats! Delicious from the fridge, or with melty cheese straight from the oven.
Tips & Tricks
- Take your Mac & Cheese Cups to the next level by adding diced crispy Pams Bacon to your cheesy sauce mix.
- Mix ½ cup of Pams Panko Crumbs in with the remaining ½ cup of cheese before sprinkling on top and putting your Mac & Cheese Cups in the oven.
- Add a couple teaspoons of Pams Wholegrain Mustard to your cheese sauce for an extra kick of flavour. Or sneak in the veggies by adding a cup of Pams Frozen Peas to the mix.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter and onion to a large fry pan over medium heat, cooking until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk, whisking continuously to avoid any lumps. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously until thickened. Remove from heat and mix through 1 cup of cheese and season with salt & pepper.
- Stir the cooked pasta through the cheesy sauce.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cups of a well-greased, standard size muffin tray, pressing to compact. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes until the tops are golden and the cheese is bubbly. Let stand in the muffin tray for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
- 3 cups Value Macaroni
- 1/4 cup Pams Butter
- ½ an Pams Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Pams Plain Flour
- 1 cup Value Milk
- 1 ½ cups Pams Grated Tasty Cheese