Mānuka Honey Caramels
These chewy, buttery, Mānuka Honey Caramels are covered in delicious dark chocolate and make the perfect gift or sweet treat just for you!
Tips & Tricks
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and honey and whisk to combine. Bring the mixture to the boil and continue to cook on a medium heat, stirring constantly (so that the mixture doesn’t catch), for 5-6 minutes or until the honey caramel is thick and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a large heat proof mixing bowl. Whisk through the cream until the mixture is smooth and glossy and then gently fold through the almonds. Place in the fridge to cool until it is beginning to set and is easy to handle.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture into small balls and then flatten into disks with your hands. Place on a lined baking tray and repeat until you have used all the mixture. Place in the fridge until cooled completely.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, or in the microwave in 30 second intervals, whisking until smooth.
- Dip the caramels in the chocolate and place back on the lined baking tray and place in the fridge until set.
- 100g Pams Butter
- ½ cup Pams Creamed Mānuka Honey
- ½ cup Pams White Sugar
- ¼ cup Pams Cream
- 2 70g packs Pams Sliced Almonds
- 1 block Pams Finest Dark Chocolate