Mediterranean Fried Bread
These deep-fried breads are sure to be a crowd pleaser! Topped with creamy ricotta and fried to golden deliciousness – we think we’re onto a winner here!
Tips & Tricks
- Add a squeeze of lemon to your whipped ricotta for an extra burst of flavour.
- This recipe acts as a great base so you can get creative with your favourite combo of toppings!
- In a large mixing bowl add the yeast, a big pinch of sugar and 300ml of warm water. Mix with a spoon and leave to sit for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together and knead until smooth. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising combine the ricotta and mint to a small mixing bowl, season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- When the dough is ready turn it out on to a lightly floured bench and divide it into 6 even balls, cover then allow to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Heat at least 3cm of vegetable oil in a large saucepan or high-sided fry pan. Use your hands to stretch the balls into small pizza like shapes and fry them in the oil one at a time, for a minute each side or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Place on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Spread the ricotta mix over each of the breads, top with a large spoonful of chunky dip and a handful of chopped silverbeet. Serve hot and fresh!
- 2 tsp Pams Dried Yeast
- 3 cups Pams Pure Plain Flour
- 1 tub Pams Finest Ricotta
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- 1 tub Pams Sundried Tomato Chunky Dip
- 2 cups Pams Silverbeet, finely chopped