Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions with Feta Mash
Mushrooms and caramelised onions are a simple combination that simply can’t be beat – and with our new pre-sliced Frozen Red Onions this dish is easier than ever to prepare. Together with a deliciously creamy feta mash, it’s a wonderfully warming meal.
Tips & Tricks
- For something more substantial, serve with good quality sausages and a handful of Pams Baby Spinach.
- If you have thyme on hand, add a small handful to your mushrooms while they’re cooking – it really lifts this dish to the next level.
- In a frying pan, sauté the onion in a small amount of oil.
- After a couple of minutes, add the vinegar, sugar and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cook the frozen mashed potatoes as per cooking instructions, season well, then add the feta and mix through. Serve together.
- 1 packet Pams Frozen Sliced Red Onions
- 1 packet Pams Button Mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Pams Soft Brown Sugar
- ½ packet Pams Frozen Milk and Butter Mashed Potato
- 150g Pams Finest Feta