Pork Banh Mi
Our quick and easy mini banh mi sandwiches are mini morsels of flavour – and make the perfect finger food for your next gathering.
Tips & Tricks
- For an even more authentic banh mi, serve with pickled carrot and chilli. To make your own pickled carrot, add ½ cup of rice wine vinegar, 1 Tsp salt and 1 Tbsp sugar to a small bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add 1 cup of grated carrot and mix until all the pieces have been coated through the pickling liquid.
- Half fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil. Keep the honey soy pork shanks in the bag and submerge in the boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Cook the par baked buffet rolls as per packet instructions.
- Let the pork shanks to stand for 2 minutes before removing from the bag and placing in a bowl along with the sauce.
- Spoon out 2 Tbsp of the sauce and mix separately with the mayonnaise to create the banh mi sauce.
- Remove the shank bone and pull the meat apart with a fork.
- Slice rolls in half and spread on the banh mi sauce and pate then fill with the hot pork, cucumber, coriander and serve immediately.
- 1 packet Pams Finest Honey Soy Pork Shanks
- 1 packet Pams Par Baked Buffet Rolls
- 3 Tbsp Pams Mayonnaise
- 1 packet Pams Farm House Pate
- ½ a cucumber, peeled into thin ribbons
- 1 handful coriander