Pumpkin, Kumara and Basil Pesto Soup
This soup is fresh and hearty yet so quick and easy to make. Try it with crumbled feta, shaved Parmesan or a big dollop of sour cream.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the pumpkin and kumara and cook for a couple of minutes before adding 6 cups of cold water and the stock sachet.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and puree with a blender.
- Heat a small frying pan and quickly cook the prosciutto until crisp.
- Remove from the heat and crumble the prosciutto into small pieces
- Serve the soup with swirls of pesto and crumbled prosciutto.
- ¾ cup Pams Diced Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 710g Pams Medley Pumpkin and Kumara Soup
- 3 slices Pams Finest Prosciutto Crudo
- 4 teaspoons Pams Finest Basil Pesto