Roast Pumpkin with Eggplant, Ricotta & Hazelnuts
This roasted salad dish is an utterly morish addition to your family feast. When blending the ricotta, add some lemon zest and juice, and a generous quarter cup of Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make it extra silky, rich, and smooth.
Tips & Tricks
- For an extra pop of fresh flavour add extra fresh herbs like mint or parsley.
- Slice the pumpkin into crescent moon shapes and scoop out the seeds. Brush both sides of the pumpkin with olive oil, season, and place on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 200°C for 40 minutes, or until caramelised and tender.
- Place the eggplant onto another flat baking tray, liberally coating both sides in oil and salt. Bake the eggplant for 30 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- Bake the hazelnuts in an oven-proof dish alongside the pumpkin and eggplant for 10 minutes or until toasted. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then chop into halves.
- Blend the ricotta in a blender or food processor with a good lug of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Layer eggplant and pumpkin on a large serving platter, then spoon over the ricotta mixture. Finish by sprinkling over the hazelnuts, chilli and basil.
- 1 Pams Organic Pumpkin, around 1kg
- 2 eggplants, sliced into 1.5cm thick rounds
- 70g packet Pams Hazelnuts
- 1 tub Pams Finest Ricotta
- 2 red chillis, finely sliced
- 3 handfuls of fresh basil