Salt Dough Decorations
Our salt dough is super simple and great fun to make with your kids. Help them create meaningful Christmas ornaments to gift to family members - they can be hung on the tree and treasured for years to come.
Tips & Tricks
- Keep your decorations to around 3 millimetres thick to make sure they bake evenly. If you want to create larger decorations, simply bake at a lower temperature for longer.
- Use an old Pams tin to cut out circles and cut other shapes using small cookie cutters. If you’re after a more colourful decoration, acrylic paints and varnish can be used to apply the finishing touches.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl. Slowly pour water into the flour mixture, mixing until your dough is smooth and easy to handle. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut into desired shapes. Remember to make holes for hanging them - a straw works a treat!
- Arrange your decorations on a baking sheet, and bake in a preheated oven at 120°C for 1.5 – 2 hrs, or until dry and hard. The thicker your decorations the longer they will take to cook.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing or decorating.
- 4 cups Pams Pure Plain Flour
- 1 cup Pams Iodised Table Salt
- 2 cups of water