Spring Garden Focaccia
Nothing beats homemade bread fresh out of the oven. Celebrate the beginning of Spring by whipping up our Spring Garden Focaccia – it’s easier than you might think! Serve with extra Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a drizzle of Pams Balsamic Vinegar.
Tips & Tricks
- Get creative with your decorations! We used Pams Capers, Pams Green Olives, and a radish to design some of our flowers. Anything goes though, use whatever vegetables or herbs you have in your fridge or veggie garden!
- Mix 1 ¼ cup of warm water with the yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Place the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Stir until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, kneading for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Brush a large mixing bowl with olive oil to grease – you’ll want to make sure it’s big enough to hold your dough once it’s doubled. Place the dough in the bowl, covering with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Brush a 20cm by 30cm flat baking tray with some olive oil, then turn the dough out onto the tray. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside for a further 20 minutes or until doubled in height.
- Use your fingers to press dimples into the dough, then decorate with the herbs and tomatoes. Start at the bottom to make the flower stems, use the cherry tomatoes to make flowers.
- Sprinkle your decorated dough with salt, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 2 tsp Pams Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Pams White Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Pams Plain Flour
- 6-8 Pams Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- A large handful of herbs of your choice