Vegan Cottage Pie
Spice up your family favourite meal this meat-free Monday by swapping out your regular beef for our Pams Plant Based Mince. Comforting and tasty, this pie is sure to satisfy hungry tummies!
Tips & Tricks
- Add ½ cup Pams Frozen Peas at the same time as the tinned tomatoes for a cheeky addition of greenery.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the kūmara and simmer for 20 minutes until soft & tender. Drain, mash and season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- While the kūmara is cooking, heat a splash of olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat and sauté the chef’s mix until soft and translucent.
- Add the plant-based mince and cook for 4 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Add the tomato paste and soy sauce and stir to combine, cooking for an additional minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, season with salt & pepper and leave to simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Spoon the mince mixture into a baking dish and spread the mashed kūmara on top. Bake in the oven at 200°C for 25 – 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2 medium kūmara, peeled & chopped in chunks
- 1 bag Pams Chef’s Vege Mix
- 1 pack Pams Plant Based Mince
- 1 tbsp Pams Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Pams Tomato Paste
- 1 tin Pams Garlic & Oregano Tomatoes