6 9 2018
Serve our delicious, buttery galette with a side of dressed mixed greens or peppery rocket for a great al fresco lunch or dinner option. Garnish with extra time sprigs to serve.
Tip: Make double the onion recipe and keep some in the fridge for cheese platters or pizza toppings!
For the Caramelised Onion:
- 4 medium sized Pams Organic Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Pams Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of salt
For the Galette:
- 2 sheets Pams Flaky Puff Pastry
- 1 cup Pams Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 large heirloom tomatoes
- 100g goats cheese
- 1 Pams Free Range Egg, lightly beaten
- Handful thyme sprigs
- Slice tomatoes and lay out on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and place paper towels on top to absorb excess moisture.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and thyme, and cook, stirring often.
- After 5 minutes, add sugar and salt. Continue to cook until the onions are a beautiful golden caramel colour – about 10 more minutes.
- Lay the pastry on a sheet of baking paper on a long baking tray. Join the two sheets together by pressing two edges into each other to make a seam.
- Spoon the onion mix onto the centre of the pastry, leaving a few centimeters around the edge. Arrange mushrooms and tomatoes on the onion, then crumble goats cheese generously over the top.
- Roll the edges of the pastry over the filling and brush with egg wash.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180°C and cook for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
Makes 4 servings.