Category: Sweet Treats
18 11 2020
Our hassle-free tart not only looks stunning and tastes amazing – it’s also super easy! Try switching it up with our Pams Finest Rum Custard if it's more to your liking.
Tip: Make this beautiful tart even more gorgeous by decorating with edible flowers or petals.
Christmas Prep Hack: Make the tart the day before and decorate with the toffee shards just before serving to give yourself more time on the day.
Prep time: 20 minutes + cooling time
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 sheets Pams Sweet Short Crust Pastry, defrosted
- 1 tin Pams Black Doris Plums
- 1 tub Pams Finest Coconut Vanilla Custard
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- ¾ cup Pams Caster Sugar
- Use the pastry sheets to line a standard size tart tin, trimming away any excess, then prick all over with a fork. Chill in the fridge briefly.
- Drain the plums, removing any pits, place on a lined braking tray and sprinkle with the cardamom.
- Remove the tart shell from fridge, then place a piece of baking paper over the top. Fill with rice, dried beans or baking weights to blind bake. Place the pastry and the plums in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. If the pastry is browning too quickly, cover with a bit of tin foil.
- Meanwhile, make your toffee shards. Line a baking tray with foil, then mix the sugar and 4 tablespoons of water in a pot over a very low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Once dissolved, stop stirring and increase the heat to medium-high, simmering until golden. Pour onto the tray, tipping to spread the toffee thinly, before setting aside to cool completely. Once cooled, break into shards.
- Place the tart shell onto your serving platter and press a layer of plums into the bottom. Fill to the top with the custard. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve, then decorate with leftover plums and the toffee shards.
Makes 12 servings as part of the Pams Ultimate Feast Christmas menu