30 11 2018
The black beans add texture and an extra nutrient hit to this decadent brownie, but no one would ever guess they were there! Psyllium absorbs water and is a good source of dietary fibre.
- 400g can Pams Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Pams Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Pams Superfoods Raw Cacao Powder
- ¾ cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pams Finest Vanilla Extract
- 3 Pams Free Range Eggs
- ½ cup Pams Superfoods Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pams Superfoods Psyllium Husk
- 1 teaspoon Pams Baking Powder
- 100g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Block, roughly chopped
- 70g Pams Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 27 x 18cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients aside from the chocolate and walnuts into the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth (there will still be little flecks of black beans).
- Add the chocolate and walnuts and pulse for a couple of seconds until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until firm on the top.
- Allow to cool before slicing into squares.
Makes 12 pieces.