29 3 2019
This iced loaf is the perfect Easter treat, served warm with a cup of Pams tea.
Ready in: approx. 3 hours (including rising time)
- 1 ½ cups Value Milk
- 2 teaspoons Pams Active Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Pams Caster Sugar
- 5 cups Pams High Grade Flour
- 1/2 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Pams Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Pams Mixed Spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 75g Pams Butter, melted
- 1 Pams Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 cup Pams Sultanas
1/2 cup Pams Superfoods Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Pams Superfoods Dried Goldenberries
- 2 cups Pams Icing Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Value Milk
- Extra cinnamon to dust
- Heat the milk just until lukewarm in a small saucepan over a low heat or in the microwave and then stir in the yeast and 2 teaspoons of caster sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Sift the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, spices and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the milk mixture along with the butter, egg and the dried fruit. Mix with a knife until the mixture comes together to a dough.
- Turn out and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Wash and dry the mixing bowl and grease with a little butter. Place the dough in the bowl and cover. Place in a warm spot and leave for at least 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a roasting pan with a little butter.
- Separate the dough into 16 balls. Place these in the greased roasting dish all pressed up against each other on a cold baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes until loaf feels crusty and cooked through. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Combine icing sugar and milk in a small bowl and drizzle over the lukewarm* loaf. Dust with cinnamon and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
*the loaf should be only just slightly warm otherwise the icing will run off completely.