Category: Main Meal
18 2 2021
These Italian eggplant rolls are packed full of zesty ricotta and baked in a rich tomato sauce. This super simple plant-based meal solution is the perfect mid-week dinner for the whole family!
Tip: Serve straight from the oven with a Pams Mediterranean Rocket salad and side of toasted Pams Garlic Bread to soak up all the juices.
Tip: Take your Eggplant Involtini to the next level by topping it with slices of Pams Fresh Mozzarella before baking in the oven.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 large eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 jar Pams Caramelised Onion & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 tub Pams Finest Ricotta
- 1 Pams Lemon, juice & zest
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Place the eggplant slices in a single layer on 2 lined baking trays, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes, flipping half way through. Set aside to cool.
- Add the ricotta, half the basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and half the parmesan to a mixing bowl, season with salt & pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling at the end of each eggplant slice and roll up tightly to secure the filling. Pour the pasta sauce into a medium sized baking dish and place the eggplant rolls into the dish seam side down.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan and bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden. Sprinkle with remaining basil leaves and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings