27 12 2018
Creamy and delicious, this is a great summer dish. You can also top it with some crispy Pams Finest Prosciutto Crudo or serve alongside barbecued lamb!
Ready in: 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 400g Pams Diced Tomatoes
- 4 drops Pams Finest Italian Herb Extract
- 6 corn cobs
- 25g Pams Butter
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and over a medium heat cook the eggplant, capsicum and onion for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for a further minute before adding the tomatoes and 4 drops of Italian herb extract. Season with sea salt and cover and cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking use a large cook’s knife and cut the kernels from the corn and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with a small amount of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree in a blender until almost smooth.
- Return the corn the pan to the heat and stir over a low heat until the corn forms a thick almost porridge like consistency.
- Stir through the butter and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the polenta topped with the ratatouille, sprinkle with basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
Makes 4 Servings