28 11 2019
Our boozy mini Christmas cakes are the perfect single serve for adults to enjoy after Christmas dinner. Super tasty and simple to make - no one will even notice they’re gluten free!
Tip: Using a food processor will make the cakes super quick and easy, but can still be made without! You’ll just need to finely chop the fruit mix to make it work.
Tip: Serve your cakes upside down and top with a simple glaze to make them extra special! Mix one cup of Pams Icing Sugar with 1-2 tbsp hot water, mix until smooth and spoon over each cake.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 4 Tbsp of your alcohol choice (brandy, whisky or rum work best)
- 150g Pams Butter
- 2 Tbsp Pams Brown Sugar
- 3 Pams Free Range Eggs, whisked
- 1 ½ cups of Pams Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Pams Baking Powder
- Mix the fruit cake mix, orange juice and zest, and alcohol until the fruit has plumped up a bit. If you have time, leave the mixture to soak for a couple of hours.
- In a food processor process butter and sugar until creamed, before adding two thirds of the soaked fruit mixture. Pulse to combine, then slowly add eggs while processing.
- Fold through the remaining fruit, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Divide into a greased muffin tin and bake for 50 minutes at 150°C.
Makes 12 mini fruitcakes.