6 9 2018
Pams Fresh Mesclun is just the beginning when it comes to creating a delicious meal - it can hold together so many flavours and textures. Here’s an idea that will make you the star of the party next time someone says, “just bring a salad”.
- 200g Pams lamb backstrap, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Pams ground cumin
- 200g haloumi
- 2 bunches Pams asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 x 500g bag Pams Fresh Mesclun
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 1 punnet Pams cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Pams Organic red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup Pams pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup Pams pesto
- Rub the lamb fillet with olive oil and cumin, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over high heat. Cook the lamb for 4-5 minutes each side for beautiful rare slices (feel free to cook for longer at about 7-8 minutes each side if you prefer your lamb well cooked).
- Transfer to a plate and cover with tinfoil. Rest while you prepare the rest of your salad.
- Give the pan a quick wipe with a paper towel, drizzle with a little oil then throw in your haloumi. Grill until golden in colour.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, place asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of iced water to keep them a little crunchy.
- Now you can start assembling your masterpiece. Slice the lamb thinly. Place Pams Mesclun in a large bowl. Add all the other ingredients (except the pesto) and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter, then drizzle with pesto.
- Serve with a drizzle of Pams balsamic vinaigrette.