3 2 2021
Mussel fritters – a kiwi favourite and perfect for a picnic at the beach! Give your mussel fritters a twist by using our Pams Marinated Mussels.
Tip: Serve with a handful of Pams Mediterranean Rocket and a dollop of plain yoghurt or sour cream.
Tip: Take your fritters to the next level by adding a handful of herbs to your batter like dill or parsley.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tub Pams Garlic Marinated Mussels, drained & roughly chopped
- 1 Pams Free Range Egg, whisked
- ½ cup Pams Plain Flour
- ½ cup Pams Panko Crumbs
- 2 Pams Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 4 slices Pams White Toast Bread
- In a medium mixing bowl add the mussels, egg, flour, bread crumbs and spring onions. Season with salt & pepper and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 4 large fritters.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large fry pan over medium heat and cook the fritters in batches for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Spread the slices of bread generously with butter, place a fritter on top and serve immediately.
Makes 4 butties