22 9 2018
This base is nice and crispy, which means it holds up well with lots of toppings! You can make the base in advance if you are happy to serve it at room temperature.
- 2 cups Pams Superfoods quinoa flakes
- 1 tablespoon Pams olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons Pams basil pesto
- 1 medium sized red onion, sliced into rings
- 100g Pams cold smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Pams capers
- Handful Pams baby rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the quinoa flakes, olive oil, thyme, apple cider vinegar and ½ cup cold water in a food processor. Process until you get a sticky dough.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper to make a disc approximately 28cm in diameter. Place the disc on an oven tray and peel off the top sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Spread the base with pesto and cover with onion rings.
- Make curls of smoked salmon and pop these in amongst the onion rings, sprinkle with capers and small dollops of cream cheese.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and scatter with rocket leaves to serve.