17 4 2019
A Kiwi classic with a twist – these tasty ANZAC biscuits have been given a superfood boost with the addition of seeds and dried berries. You can chop the dried berries into smaller pieces if you like or swap them out for chopped macadamia nuts and dark chocolate chunks for a sweet surprise. Delicious!
Ready In: 40 minutes
- 150g Pams Butter
- 3 tablespoons Pams Golden Syrup
- ½ cup Pams White Sugar
- 1 cup Pams Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup Pams Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Pams Pure Plain Flour
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Pams Sunflower Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Pams Slivered Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Pams Superfoods Golden Berries
- 3 tablespoons Pams Superfoods Dried Blueberries
- ½ teaspoon Pams Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan gently melt together the butter and golden syrup.
- At the same time mix the sugar, oats, coconut, flour, seeds, almonds and berries together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the baking soda into the boiling water and then mix with the golden syrup mixture.
- Pour the liquid into the bowl and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and place on the tray, allowing room for the biscuits to spread. Gently press with a fork (dip it in flour if it gets sticky) and then bake for 15-20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and store in a sealed container.
Makes 26 biscuits.