22 11 2018
These muffins are perfect for breakfast on the run! Keep them in the freezer and grab one as you need – they thaw quickly.
Originating in Ethiopia, Teff is an ancient grain that has a mild nutty flavour and is a great addition to salads, porridge, stews, risottos and baking.
As with all ancient grains, teff is credited with being highly nutritious and a good source of iron, manganese, calcium and protein.
- 1 cup Pams Pure Plain Flour
- ¾ cup Pams Superfoods Spelt Flour
- 3 tablespoons Pams Superfoods Teff
- 1 cup Pams Raw Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pams Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Pams Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup Pams Sultanas
- 1 apple, grated (skin on)
- 1 teaspoon Pams Finest Vanilla Extract
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- ¾ cup Pams Extra Light Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pams Sunflower Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flours, teff, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, carrot and sultanas.
- Make a well in the centre and add the apple, vanilla, eggs and oil. Gently mix to combine but don’t over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into non-stick muffin tins, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins