22 11 2018
This salad is great as a standalone meal and is also fabulous alongside roasted or barbecued lamb!
Originating in Ethiopia, teff is an ancient grain that has a mild nutty flavour and is a great addition to salads, porridge, stews, risottos and baking.
As with all ancient grains, teff is credited with being highly nutritious and a good source of iron, manganese, calcium and protein.
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Pams Superfoods Teff
- 1 head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 1/3 cups Pams Vegetable stock, heated
- ½ red onion, diced
- 400g can Pams Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1/3 cup Pams Hempseed and Honey Vinaigrette
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large wide based frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the teff and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the grains with oil.
- Pour over the stock. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer over a low heat for 7-8 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork and leave to sit for a further 10 minutes before turning out into a shallow dish to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a roasting dish, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with sumac and sea salt and toss to combine.
- Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until golden but be careful not to overcook.
- In a large salad bowl combine the teff, cauliflower, onion, chickpeas, parsley and mint.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
Makes 4-6 Servings